All residents of Ellis County are eligible for a library card.
How to Get a Library Card
- Visit the library to fill out an application for a library card.
- Show proof of address. This can be an I.D., bill, check, piece of mail, etc. that states the applicant’s name and current address.
Services & Programs
- Computer and Internet
- Free Wi-fi
- Copy, Print and Fax
- Meeting Room
- Interlibrary Loans
- Virtual Library – Overdrive/Libby
- Microfilm Scanpro
- Book club – meet on the first Tuesday of each month from 4-5 PM
- 1,000 books before kindergarten
- LEGO Club – last Thursday of each month, from 4 -5
- Kids Story Hour – 3rd Wednesday of every month from 4:00 – 5:00pm starting September – 15th, (following the school schedule, no school, no Story Hour.)
Shattuck Book Club Reading List for 2021
- June. 6 – The Bogside Boys by Eoin Dempsey
- Aug. 3 – Nomadland by Jessica Bruder
- Sep. 7 – Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Oct. 5 – Ellen Foster by Kay Gibbons
- Nov. 2 – Olive Ketteridge by Elizabeth Strout
- Dec. 7 – The Monuments Men by Robert M Edsel